Your “inbox” in iPhone Mail application suddenly disappeared. New emails still download, but you cannot see them.
The first thing that comes to your mind is that you may have accidentally deleted your whole inbox folder instead of an email. But that is not the case, the inbox is still there in iPhone Mail application, just not showing, and don’t ask me why!
Some people have experienced this problem after an IOS update on their iPhone.
Switching your iPhone off and on may bring back the inbox briefly, but then it disappears again!
The Fix that Works!
There are actually two fixes that I know will resolve the problem of missing inbox on iPhone. Both solutions have worked for many, but the #1 is my preferred option to try first, and if you struggle with it, then try option #2
- Launch your Mail app on iPhone
- Click on the arrowed Edit button in the upper-right corner.
- Re-add the Inbox folder to your Mail folder list, by tapping the circle next to the Inbox. This will add a tick to the circle as shown in the picture.
- Tap on Done. Your Inbox will now re-appear in your iPhone.
I have used this fix #1 to resolve many iPhones that suddenly have their Mail Inboxes disappeared. I have however heard that fix #2 below has worked for others, but I have not used this method to resolve this issue, since #1 has always worked for me.
#2 – Switching Mail off and on in Mail Application Settings
- Launch the Settings icon on iPhone
- Scroll down to Mail, Contacts, Calendars and expand it
- Expand the row Exchange > Mail, Contacts. Calendars, Reminders, Notes
- Use the slider to the right of Mail to switch it off and on
If any of the two fixes resolved your missing inbox frustration on iPhone, let others with same issue know by leaving your feedback in the comments section below.
Do you know any other solution that also work? Share it with all.