If you find out that your Kia Ceed Radio cannot turn on, and only shows the date, time and temperature like it happened on my Kia Ceed 3, following the steps below may fix the issue as it did for me. My Kia Ceed 3 Radio stopped turning on after I fixed the remote fob that was not working by reprogramming it with a process I described in How to Reset Your Kia Car key fob the When Remote Lock and Unlock is no longer working.
I suspected I may have caused some kind of short circuit while reprograming my Kia Ceed Key Fob that caused the Radio to stop switching on.
How to Fix Your Kia Ceed Radio not Turning on
1) Switch of your car completely and remove the key from the ignition
2) Locate your Kia fuse box. Mine was to the side panel between the steering and driver’s side door, and has some warning instructions written on it.
3) Gently price open the cover of the fuse box
4) Check and locate the Audio fuse in the fuse diagram located in the fuse box or the cover.
5) Gently remove the Audio fuse. My Kia Ceed 3 Audio fuse is 15 amp located in the 5th slot of the middle 3 column fuse array.
6) Gently push back the Audio fuse.
7) Switch on your car, and the Car Audio should now be working
The above steps worked to fix my Kia Ceed 3 Audio that will not switch on, and only shows the date, time and temperature. It is a simple process that may also help you. Certainly worth a try before replacing the fuse, or taking your car for more expensive check and repair.
I hope you find this information useful, and if you do, please come back and leave a feedback in the comment section below so others will also benefit from the fix. You may also comment on other solutions that worked for you.
k. Johnson says
Done what was suggested.. did not work, however, thanks for the tip.
Jeff Adam says
Disappointed the fix did not work for you. Worked on my Kia Ceed 3 like a charm. Perhaps the fuse is completely blown, and you should try replacing it with a new fuse.
I would suggest trying a new fuse. Is your car a Kia Ceed?