You can’t view, or you receive a blank screen when trying to see available Wireless Networks in Windows operating system.
How to fix Available Wireless problem in Windows :
This fix requires that you have administrative rights on the computer. The steps described relate to Window XP operating system and may be slightly different if you are using a different version of Windows.
1) Right-click on the My Computer icon on your desktop
2) Click Properties
3) Click and Open the Hardware tab under System Properties
4) Click Device Manager
5) When Device Manager opens, find and expand the Network adapters column
6) Find the Wireless adapter device (e.g Intel Pro/ Wireless)
7) Right-click on Wireless adapter device and click Uninstall
(8) After Uninstall has completed, restart the computer
When you restart your computer, the wireless adapter that was uninstalled will be automatically detected and re-installed by your Windows operating. If you now View Available Windows Networks, the Wireless networks within range of your computer should be visible under Windows Network Connections pop-up.