Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) Service Not Starting
Your Windows wireless connection is not working, and the Wireless Zero Configuratin Service (WZC) is not starting even though it is set to automatic in Computer Management’s Services and Applications setup options.
Your may also receive the error message below when starting wireless zero configuration service:
“Could not start the Wireless Zero Configuration service on Local Computer.
Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or
because it has no enabled devices associated with it.”
Fix for Wirelesss Zero Configuration Service Failing to Start:
To correct this issue, follow these steps:
1. Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
2. Scroll and find WZC Service
3. Double-click on the WZC service
4. Click the Log On tab, and ensure the screen looks like the following.
5. Click the General tab; verify that the WZC service has not been disabled in the Startup type box. If the service is disabled, click the drop down arrow and choose Automatic. Click Start to start the WZC service.
Setting the Window Zero Configuration service to Automatic will allow the service to start every time you start your computer.