Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) Service Not Starting
Your Windows wireless connection is not working, and the Wireless Zero Configuratin Service (WZC) is not starting even though it is set to automatic in Computer Management’s Services and Applications setup options.
Your may also receive the error message below when starting wireless zero configuration service:
“Could not start the Wireless Zero Configuration service on Local Computer.
Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or
because it has no enabled devices associated with it.”
Fix for Wirelesss Zero Configuration Service Failing to Start:
To correct this issue, follow these steps:
1. Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
2. Scroll and find WZC Service
3. Double-click on the WZC service
4. Click the Log On tab, and ensure the screen looks like the following.
5. Click the General tab; verify that the WZC service has not been disabled in the Startup type box. If the service is disabled, click the drop down arrow and choose Automatic. Click Start to start the WZC service.
Setting the Window Zero Configuration service to Automatic will allow the service to start every time you start your computer.
Still getting the same error
Jeff Adam says
Thanks for stopping by and how could I have missed your comment. What Windows operating system are you using?
But the problem is, all these settings are exactly as you described, but it still gives that error…
Jeff Adam says
Your registry settings may have been changed by a malware. If you are comfortable with editing your registry values, here is something you can try:
1) Type regedit in your “Run” and press “OK” to open your Windows registry
2) On the left pane, browse to the Key:
3) On the right pane check that the value of “Start” is NOT set to 4. If the value is 4, continue with step (4)
4) Right click on “Start” and select “Modify”
5) Change “Value Data” to 1
6) Reboot your PC
Changing “Value Data” to 1 in step 5 has resolved this issue for many, but it can also be changed to 2 or 3. It is 3 on my laptop and it works just fine. Let us know if this resolve your problem